FREEDOM FROM PAIN IS A PHONE CALL AWAY - 919-400-3571

Categories

Auto Accident
Back Pain
Chiropractic
degineration
dics
dics, herniated, protruding, spinal, degenerative, stenosis
Funny
TMJ
Whiplash
youllfeelbetter
powered by

Wake Chiropractic

Forward Head Posture? Death and Headaches

Does your head lean forward?

A study published in the American Journal of Geriatrics by Kado, Huang, Karlamangla , Barrett-Connor , & Greendale demonstrated that people with a forward head posture (hyperkyphotic posture) was associated with a 1.44 greater mortality rate

Why would forward head posture have an impact on mortality?

According to Rene Cailliet M.D., famous medical author and former director of the department of physical medicine and rehabilitation at the University of Southern California states:

Head in forward posture can add up to thirty pounds of abnormal leverage on the cervical spine. This can pull the entire spine out of alignment. Forward head posture (FHP) may result in the loss of 30% of vital lung capacity. These breath-related effects are primarily due to the loss of the cervical lordosis, which blocks the action of the hyoid muscles, especially the inferior hyoid responsible for helping lift the first rib during inhalation.”

A.I. Kapandji  published in his book Physiology of the Joints, Volume III) that for every inch a person's head moves forwards, it gains 10 pounds in weight, as far as the muscles in their upper back and neck are concerned.  This is because the muscles have to work that much harder to keep the head (chin) from dropping onto your chest.   This also forces the suboccipital muscles (which raise the chin) to remain in constant contraction, putting pressure on the 3 Suboccipital nerves.   This nerve compression may cause headaches at the base of the skull. Pressure on the suboccipital nerves can also mimic sinus (frontal) headaches.

Left uncorrected, forward head posture will continue to decline.   Chiropractic can correct this problem.   Chiropractic specialty is in reversing the joint fixations (what we refer to as “subluxations”) and in re-invigorating the muscles that normally retract the head.

Do you or someone you love have forward head posture?  Save a life!  Make a call!  We will be happy to help.  803-807-9960

12 Comments to Forward Head Posture? Death and Headaches:

Comments RSS
Reiki healing on Friday, July 18, 2014 1:31 PM
I like short notes with few words and deep meaning. I love it!! I always try to write my own for friends and family.It is amazing!! people use to see websites and promotion of business online but some are not use to give more time on writing blogs and going on updates to business.This is essential to update page for getting more profit from clients.

reflexology london on Saturday, August 16, 2014 7:00 AM
Interesting information.The Truth Plus Sensitivity, Specificity and All That Is Decent to Reveal About Predictive Values This theme serves to educate people in their daily life, thanks to people like you we have more knowledge about this important issue. I have never ever come across such a wonderful piece of information. Today I am proud to say that I have finally gain knowledge on this topic and here on I shall also spread the same preaching ahead so that the world become a better place to live in. This looks so great! It is so good to see you posting again! Ok so I'm guessing you mean the next recipe is the pie that Florida is known for????? I'm sooooo excited for that one!!! Interesting topic what you have shared with us. Your writing skill is really very appreciative. I love when you share your views through the best articles.Keep sharing and posting articles like these.This article has helped me a lot.Keep posting this stuff. I've always heard that kids/teens want to read about a protagonist that's a little older than they are. So if that's the case, I agree with Emily's statement that there should be a little more room about 18 for YA fiction protagnoists. Oh my!!! You are just too true to be good. How do you manage to write and research on such wonderful things? You have inspired me to work harder now. I shall try as much as possible to enjoy life to the fullest and be satiated with the wonderful things that are around me, which I have been unaware of until now. wow great i have read many articles about this topic and everytime i learn something new i dont think it will ever stop always new info , Thanks for all of your hard work!

no win no fee on Tuesday, September 02, 2014 4:23 AM
.I think you have a great knowledge especially while dealings with such subjects.

EWP Training Melbourne on Wednesday, September 17, 2014 6:41 AM
Good!This post is creative,you'll find a lot of new idea,it gives me inspiration. I believe I will also inspired by you and feel about extra new ideas.thanks.

Astrologer in India on Tuesday, October 07, 2014 4:04 AM
I already saw many blogs but I like this commenting platform. Thanks a lot for your guidance and sharing information.

basic reflexology course on Wednesday, November 05, 2014 6:39 AM
A different wonderful publish, My partner and i take pleasure in the many do the job you placed in this page, assisting out and about some others together with your exciting along with resourceful operates.

wedding gowns on Wednesday, November 12, 2014 8:34 PM
isnt as fast as Safari and has a clunkier interface If you occasionally plan on using the web browser thats not an issue but if youre planning to browse the web alot from your PMP then the iPods larger screen and better browser may be important

Chingly on Friday, December 05, 2014 4:04 PM
this consumer is usually supposed to condition his/her advantages for applying to this system. It's a significant section of record that will sets out this school of thought in addition to aim of this scholar. professayservice.com It help us to get on time and quality writing services.

first aid course on Wednesday, December 10, 2014 11:12 AM
My business is quite pleased using your write-up. That is fantastic information along with participating in addition to practical content.

Basic Scaffold Training on Thursday, January 01, 2015 2:56 PM
This site is excellent and so is how the subject matter was explained. I also like some of the comments too. Looking forward to your next post..

london reflexology on Sunday, February 15, 2015 1:34 AM
This information is very interesting, I really enjoyed, I would like get more information about this, because is very beautiful, thanks for sharing!

superiorpapers on Monday, April 20, 2015 9:38 AM
I agree with the famous medical author and former director of the department of physical medicine. I consider that the back is important part of our body for which leaving is necessary.If you need some superior papers you can just look at my website